Personal Information We CollectWhen you visit the Website or use the Service, we collect the following types of personal information: Information we collect automatically: When you visit the Website or use the Service, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment you use to access our Website or Service. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information from your interaction with the Website and the Service, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, browsing history to and from the Website, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- Information that you are required to submit to us when you are obtaining a pet licence from a municipality or other pet licensing authority that has contracted with us to provide such licensing services (“Pet Licensing Information”);
- Information other than Pet Licensing Information that you voluntarily provide to us at the time you are obtaining a pet license from a municipality or other pet licensing authority that has contacted with us to provide such licensing services , which information may include but not be limited to photos, images, videos, stories and other information
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account (your “Account”) for any Additional Services, which are services other than the Pet Licensing Services, including your name, residential or mailing address, email address, phone number and any photos, images, videos or other information you may provide at that time;
- Information such as posts, comments, images and videos that you upload or otherwise make available to the public or to us through the Service, including through your use of any Optional Services as defined in our Terms of Service;
- information that you may make public or provide to us through social media sites or third party services you or we use which include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google and MySpace;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device;
- Information that you provide to us in connection with the purchase of goods or services through the Website or the Service (this may include payment information such as credit card numbers and other details, billing and shipping address);
- Information that you provide to us in the context of dispute resolution, including correspondence posted through the Service or correspondence that is sent to us through the Website or otherwise; and
- Information that you provide to us in connection with an application or inquiry regarding potential employment with us, including without limitation your Canadian Social Insurance Number or U.S. Social Security Number.
How we use your personal informationYou agree, and do hereby opt-in, that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to the Service and customer support relating to the Service by means of e-mail, telephone and through the Service;
- to personalize, measure and improve the Service, including the content and ads on the Service;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected such information.
- municipalities and other pet licensing authorities with whom we have entered into an agreement to provide the pet licensing services;
- our corporate affiliates, to provide joint content and services (such as registration and customer support), to prevent, detect and investigate possible prohibited or illegal activities, violations of our policy, fraud and/or data security breaches, and to support decision making on products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication;
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide the Service or for the purpose of marketing, advertising, analyzing or improving the Service;
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via the Service
- companies that we intend to merge or combine with in the context of a re-organization or acquisition. Before personal information is provided, the possible acquirer, acquiree, or the business combination partner will enter into an agreement that inter alia stipulates it will only use information for due diligence purposes in aggregated form and will maintain it secret and confidential.
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that any content on the Service violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.